September 11, 2012

Our Audience

A while ago my Father-in-law, Greg, was talking to Christian and said something to the effect of, "Christ should be your audience. When you behave as if Christ is your only audience, your life will become better." (This is second-hand from what Christian told me so it went something like that.) Anyway, this really struck me, and I have been thinking about it a lot since then. So, yesterday I was on facebook and I kept seeing this talk come up- a devotional by Jeffrey R. Holland. At first, I kind of waved it off, but then I saw it again and again so I decided to listen to it. It just really helped me to better understand how we can make Christ our audience, especially in our world today. When you have a minute, I would encourage you to take the time to listen. It's worth it.

It can be found HERE.

CES Devotionals

5 comments:

Rachel and Eric said...

You're the best because you provide me with spiritual advice AND food advice. What more could a girl ask for? As for your last post...how exciting that you got a lot!!! I loved that Oliver's birthday included Chick Fil A. You know that we seriously went there every other day in Durham and it's one of the main things we miss here. Also, I think Oliver has always been super sweet and bright...and he has a freakish knowledge of all things animal(thanks to his freakish dad!) Just kidding. Love you Christian.

Kristie said...

I had the same feeling so I watched it too. I agree. It is amazing and helped me so much too. I miss you Rebecca! You should make a trip out here ;). At least to see the triplets!!

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Is this the recent YSA fireside? We just watched that. I love elder Holland.

JoLynn Bell said...

Finally got around to listening to this. Amazing. He's certainly setting a high bar for us. Thanks so much for passing this along Rebecca!

Anonymous said...

裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天 , 裸聊聊天